Medical Textiles Market | Opportunity Analysis by Product, Application and Regional Segments
Asahi Kasei Corp., Cardinal Health Inc., Freudenberg Performance Materials Holding SE and Co. KG, Getinge AB, Kimberly-Clark Corp. are some of the leading market vendors
Global medical textiles market is likely to post an incremental growth of $ 3.36 billion, accelerating at a CAGR of over 5.01% during the forecast period. This research provides a detailed analysis of the market segments and geographic landscape. It also offers insights into the various growth factors as well as challenges that are likely to have a negative impact on market growth. This thorough research will equip clients with the insights necessary to plan and strategize a post-pandemic recovery plan.
Request for Our Free Sample Report for detailed Insights
Medical Textiles Market: Market Segments and Growth Forecasts
This research report will provide insights into the current market share of each segment along with growth projections for the next five years.
- Market is segmented by Product (woven medical textiles, non-woven medical textiles, and knitted textiles), Application (surgical, healthcare and hygiene products, and extracorporeal), and Geography (APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA).
- Growth of the woven medical textiles segment will be significant during the forecast period as woven fabrics are generally more durable. Woven medical textiles are usually used in products requiring extreme stability and high durability. They are also used in healthcare and hygiene applications and for manufacture of surgical clothing and surgical covers.
- 43% of the market growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period with China and India being the key markets for medical textiles in the region. Market growth in APAC will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions due to the emergence of various discrete medical equipment manufacturing industries in this region.
- This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the geographic segments to the growth of the Medical Textiles Market size.
Medical Textiles Market: Trends, Drivers, Challenges
The report also offers a detailed impact analysis of various trends, drivers, and challenges that are likely to influence the market growth during the forecast period. These insights will equip clients to design a growth strategy for their business and area of operations.
- Growing demand for non-woven medical textiles will be a significant factor in driving the growth of the Medical Textiles Market. These medical textiles are used in a wide variety of products such as absorbent pads, incontinence products, and apparel for patients and staff. These are also used in baby diapers, bed linen and blankets, burn dressings, gowns, disposable underwear, dressings, drug delivery devices, face masks, filter media, nasal strips, pillows, shoe covers, sponges, sutures, tissue scaffolds, towels, wraps, and others. The materials used to manufacture non-woven medical textiles include fibers that are either natural or synthetic.
- Nanofibers are an important class of one-dimensional nanomaterials that are used in many medical applications. Nanofibers have a high surface area and porosity, which helps to enhance the adhesion of cells as well as various proteins and drug molecules. Some of the major applications of nanofibers in the medical industry are tissue engineering, wound healing, and drug delivery.
- Expanding elderly population due to higher life expectancy will be instrumental in driving market growth during the forecast period. This is due to an increased tendency for this demographic to require medical intervention be it in the sphere palliative care or surgery etc. due to natural deterioration of the body.
- petroleum-based chemicals are the raw materials used to manufacture synthetic fibers such as polyester, polyamide, polyvinyl alcohol, and polyurethane urea (PUUR). Synthetic fibers are mainly polymers that are manufactured from crude oil. The fluctuations in crude oil prices have adversely affected the prices of these raw materials, which has affected the cost of synthetic fibers for the global medical textiles market.
Medical Textiles Market: Vendor Analysis
- The market is fragmented.
- Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj, Asahi Kasei Corp., Cardinal Health Inc., Freudenberg Performance Materials Holding SE and Co. KG, Getinge AB, Kimberly-Clark Corp., KOB GmbH, Schouw and Co., TWE GmbH and Co. KG, and Tytex AS are some of the major market participants.
- The unprecedented outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020 has had a significant impact on market segments had a ripple effect on various stakeholders. Our vendor analysis and insights will provide you with all the information required to make the most of the opportunities and plan business recovery and growth post the pandemic.
Key Areas Covered in our Report:
- Medical Textiles Market Split by Product
- Woven medical textiles
- Non-woven medical textiles
- Knitted textiles
- Medical Textiles Market Split by Application
- Healthcare and hygiene products
- Medical Textiles Market Split by Geography
- North America
- South America
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity by geography
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Competitive scenario
- Vendor landscape
- Landscape disruption
- Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj
- Asahi Kasei Corp.
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- Freudenberg Performance Materials Holding SE and Co. KG
- Getinge AB
- Kimberly-Clark Corp.
- KOB GmbH
- Schouw and Co.
- TWE GmbH and Co. KG
- Tytex AS
For more insights into this market: Download a Free Sample Report. Our custom reports provide market insights at the global and regional level along with pipeline analysis of new product launches. It also provides a peek into the latest R&D along with an impact analysis of government regulations.
The report provides insights into the following FAQs:
- What is the market CAGR?
The market will accelerate at a CAGR of over 5.01%.
- What is the incremental growth of the market?
The market is expected to grow by $ 3.36 bn through 2021-2025.
- What is a key factor driving this market?
Growing demand for non-woven medical textiles will drive market growth over the forecast period.
- What are the key regions covered in this market research report?
APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA are the key regions featured in this research report.
- Which is the leading geographic region for this market:
43% growth will originate from APAC
- Who are the leading market vendors?
The leading vendors in this market are Ahlstrom-Munksjo Oyj, Asahi Kasei Corp., Cardinal Health Inc., Freudenberg Performance Materials Holding SE and Co. KG, Getinge AB, Kimberly-Clark Corp., KOB GmbH, Schouw and Co., TWE GmbH and Co. KG, and Tytex AS
- What are the market segments covered in this report?
The market is segmented by Product (woven medical textiles, non-woven medical textiles, and knitted textiles), Application (surgical, healthcare and hygiene products, and extracorporeal), and Geography (APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA)